Apple announced today that it has sold it's 100 millionth iPod. OK... so now what? As a Nano owner, I may be one of the few who barely uses the thing; mainly because I can't hook it up to anything I have or want to buy (I probably could, but I've invested enough). I also had an MP3 phone from LG and never listened to one song on it (I used it for something unusual... phone calls!)
As a social media advocate, one might think that I was all about this stuff, but I prefer other tactics for getting the media, music, video, etc. I need. The last thing I need is something else to carry around with me. Here is a list of the 10 things I would carry with me on a daily basis in regard to necessities and media if I had more pockets.
10) Wallet (Although, now that Coke will let me "pay at the pump" with my Mastercard, I may not need that anymore)
9) Keys (Have to get to work somehow)
8) Motorola Q (I love this thing! Easy to use and it looks so pretty)
7) Cigarettes and Lighter (yes... I am one of the "bad people" banished outside, puffing away)
6) Watch (Sure... everything else tells time, but fashion is fashion)
5) iPod (The nano is small so you think it would be fine... but it always falls out of my pocket - I hear Nike has a new clothing line to fix this, but I am not sure it is office approved)
4) Sirius Sportster (This thing pisses me off... it barely works when it's cold so I have to carry it in and out of the car. With a 15 minute commute... it's no longer worth it and has been officially written off as a waste of money)
2) Carmex (The winter killed me this year - They have a good site by the way...check it out and become a jar head)
1) Camcorder (There's a YouTube video out there waiting to happen)
So... you may have 10, you may have 5, but I am at the point where my pockets are over flowing and decisions have to be made. As a result, the iPod, Sirius, and Camcorder get left behind. It's all a shame.